The world is full of jewelry possiblities. When you go out to a craft show or a jewelry boutique, how do you find the piece you’re looking for among the displays of glittering stones, metal, and colorful elements?
Over the next few weeks, we’re going to go through the process of uncovering your jewelry personality. These posts will help you choose the best pieces for your wardrobe, hone your jewelry style and help you fully express yourself through your accessories.
It’s important to understand your approach to choosing and wearing jewelry. You want to make choices that are consistent with your style. You may not even know you have a style, but the questions below will get you thinking about why you wear what you do.
- When you look for jewelry, what attracts you? What kind of jewelry wearer are you? For example; classically elegant, artsy, eclectic?
- Do you have a favorite color that you live with and you wear?
- Do you like to wear multiple pieces at the same time or are you a single statement piece type of jewelry wearer?
- What size jewelry do you tend to wear — larger chunky pieces or slimmer more understated pieces?
- Do you tend towards single pendant rather than a necklace with multiple elements?
- Many people choose jewelry because it will go with what they wear. It’s important to understand your color palette when choosing jewelry. Are you cool or warm? You can easily make this distinction by answering the question: Which metal looks better against your skin – gold, copper, or silver? Copper and gold are warm, silver is cool.
- Do you tend to wear the same piece of jewelry all the time? Are you attached to a single piece of jewelry? If so, what is its significance to you?
- Are you a special occasion jewelry shopper?
- What is the purpose of your jewelry outing?
- Aside from style considerations do is it important to you where and how your jewelry was made? Do you buy from artisans only or do you buy mass produced jewelry?
Start to think about these questions and get ready for a weekend project. We’ll be sharing our Closet Audit Process on Friday. Get ready!
Are any of these questions particularly tough for you to answer? Any that are immediately obvious? I’d love to hear about your process. Share your thoughts in the comment box below!